MIG Welder Fundamentals
The MIG Welder Fundamentals course, designed by our expert welding instructors, will equip Amazon associates with the foundations skills necessary to find employment as entry-level MIG welders.
MIG welding is a welding process that uses a solid wire electrode from a welding gun. It’s most commonly used in the automotive, construction and manufacturing industries.
Workers enrolled in this course will also use our OcuWeld virtual reality welding software for an immersive simulation of what it’s really like to be a MIG welder as well as reinforce welding techniques learned in the lab.
The MIG Welder Fundamentals course opens the door to job opportunities in the field of welding. Here are just a few examples of the jobs graduates can pursue:
- MIG Welder
- Ironworker apprentice
HVAC Technician Fundamentals
An A/C unit blowing hot air on a sweltering summer day in sticky states like Arizona, Texas and Florida can be a major emergency. This program teaches students electrical and mechanical principles with hands-on diagnosing, servicing, and repairing heating, cooling and refrigeration problems to prepare them to work as service and maintenance helpers. In this module students will:
- Learn the fundamentals in electricity
- Learn schematic wiring as well as test meter usage along with all the safety processes associated with handling electrical systems such as grounding and energized circuits.
- Work with dual voltage systems commonly found in HVAC/R equipment.
- Learn the fundamentals of refrigeration and the mechanical properties of refrigerants and the refrigeration cycle
- Learn to use many of the tools associated with the refrigeration industry such as: manifold gauge set, vacuum pumps, service wrenches, charging, and recovery equipment.
- Be prepared to work in close proximity to rotating machinery and refrigerant handling
- Provide students with a certification in 410A safety
- Provide students with the 609E EPA certification
- Prepare students for entry-level positions as:
- HVAC Service Helper
Electrical Technician Fundamentals
The Electrical Technician Fundamentals course, designed by our expert electrical instructors, will equip Amazon associates with the foundations skills necessary to find employment as an entry-level electrical technician.
Electrical technicians maintain and service residential, commercial, and industrial electrical equipment.
Students will learn in practical wiring labs to learn residential and commercial electrical wiring.
The Electrical Technician Fundamentals course opens the door to job opportunities in the electrical field. Here are just a few examples of the jobs graduates can pursue:
- Electrical Helper – Residential
- Electrical Helper – Commercial
- Amazon Maintenance Tech 1
- Building Maintenance Apprentice
The Solar Fundamentals course, designed by our expert instructors, will equip Amazon associates with the foundational skills necessary to find employment as entry-level Solar Installers.
Workers enrolled in this course will gain a strong understanding of photovoltaic science. This course is designed to maximize student’s time in class and prepare them for work in the field.
Graduates in good standing are provided assistance in resume writing, completing employment applications and job search preparation as well as ongoing access to employer job openings. The Career Services Department maintains computer files on hundreds of employers nationwide and receives constant contacts from employers to hire our graduates. Due to individual differences and personal attributes, neither RSI/TWS nor any other institution can guarantee graduate employment.
Training provided by TWS Jacksonville | 3500 Southside Boulevard Jacksonville | FL 32216