MIG Welder Fundamentals
Professional Welders are found everywhere – automotive, aerospace and aviation industries; bridges and bikes; shipyards, shops and skyscrapers – wherever metal needs adhering, a welder is needed. By being trained as a skilled professional welder, you’ll have career opportunities nationwide, and even worldwide. That means almost anywhere you want to go, welding can take you there. In this program students will:
- Be introduced to welding safety, responsibilities, equipment use and maintenance, and basic fundamentals in procedure and operations. Evaluate welds, cut and prepare metal plate, perform overlap beads in various plate positions, and begin fillet welds for plate T-joints.
- Learn MIG and Fluxcore welding process, welding codes, reading basic blueprints, calculating dimensions and completing layouts.
- Perform plate welding in various positions and perform Plasma and Carbon Arc cutting.
- Prepare students for numerous entry-level jobs in Stick/SMAW welding
HVAC Technician Fundamentals
The Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) Technician Fundamentals course, designed by our expert instructors, will equip Amazon associates with the foundations skills necessary to find employment as entry-level HVAC technicians. Students will learn how to diagnose, service, and repair heating and cooling problems.
Students enrolled in this course will also use our Interplay virtual reality HVAC software to get a simulation of what working like an HVAC technician is really like.
The HVAC Technician Fundamentals course opens the door to job opportunities in the fields of HVAC and refrigeration. Here are just a few examples of the jobs graduates can pursue:
- HVAC field apprentice
- HVAC Helper
- Amazon Maintenance Tech 1
Electrical Technician Fundamentals
The Electrical Technician Fundamentals course, designed by our expert electrical instructors, will equip Amazon associates with the foundations skills necessary to find employment as an entry-level electrical technician.
Electrical technicians maintain and service residential, commercial, and industrial electrical equipment.
Students will learn in practical wiring labs to learn residential and commercial electrical wiring.
The Electrical Technician Fundamentals course opens the door to job opportunities in the electrical field. Here are just a few examples of the jobs graduates can pursue:
- Electrical Helper – Residential
- Electrical Helper – Commercial
- Amazon Maintenance Tech 1
- Building Maintenance Apprentice
The Solar Fundamentals course, designed by our expert instructors, will equip Amazon associates with the foundational skills necessary to find employment as entry-level Solar Installers.
Workers enrolled in this course will gain a strong understanding of photovoltaic science. This course is designed to maximize student’s time in class and prepare them for work in the field.
Graduates in good standing are provided assistance in resume writing, completing employment applications and job search preparation as well as ongoing access to employer job openings. The Career Services Department maintains computer files on hundreds of employers nationwide and receives constant contacts from employers to hire our graduates. Due to individual differences and personal attributes, neither RSI/TWS nor any other institution can guarantee graduate employment.
Training provided by TWS Dallas | 700 E. Airport Freeway – Irving | TX 75062